Each unit costs more than $100,000. The entire lineup of Aston Martin, Bentley, Maybach, Maserati and Rolls Royce are all considered luxury cars. The top-performing variants of flagship cars from Audi, BMW, Ferrari, Jaguar, Lamborghini, Mercedes-Benz and Porsche which are ultra-high performance cars also exceed the $100,000 USD mark and are regarded as luxury automobiles.
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
One of the most popular brands of car in the world is Mercedes-Benz. The most sophisticated and latest luxury unit from this company is Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, a luxury grand tourer automobile. This cool-looking car was unveiled in 2009 in Europe. The initial price or MSRP for this luxury vehicle is €177,310. It will be marketed in the US in mid-2011 for less than $200,000.
- This super car’s transmission is 7-speed dual-clutch semi automatic.
- It is the cover car for the PlayStation 3.
- It was the safety car for the 2010 Formula One season.
- Fuel consumption of this amazing car is around 13 L/100 km.
Maserati Gran Cabrio
The Maserati Gran Cabrio is an awesome-looking convertible version of GranTurismo S Automatic with canvas roof which was unveiled in 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show its production started in 2010 and it will be called the GranTurismo Convertible in the United States. This luxury car is powered by 4.7-liter 440 PS (324 kW; 434 hp) V8.
- It is powered by 4.7 liter 440 PS V8.
- This car’s transmission is 6 speed automatic.
- It can attain a top speed of 285 km/h.
Lamborghini is a popular maker of sports cars and one of its most luxurious models is the Lamborghini Murciélago. This high-performance two-door, two-seat sports car, which is often regarded as a supercar, was introduced in 2001. LP 670-4 SuperVeloce is the final variation to wear the Murciélago nameplate. This amazing car is powered by the largest and final evolution of the historic Lamborghini V12 engine. Production of the Murciélago ceased in November 2010 with a total production of 4,099 units.
- It is powered by V12 engine.
- It can attain a top speed of 342 km/h.
- This luxurious sports car is 6 speed manual.
Maybach 62 Zeppelin
Maybach, another luxury car maker, launched its latest luxury model in 2009 – the “Zeppelin” on the 2009 Geneva Motor Show. It can be ordered on both the Maybach 57 and 62.
- It is consists of special California beige leather with Stromboli-black stitching, piano black lacquer finishes and silver “Zeppelin” champagne glasses.
- The exterior has exclusive 20″ chrome wheels and dark-red taillights.
- It is powered by 6.0L V12 Twin-Turbo with 640 bhp (477 kW; 649 PS)
- The word ‘ZEPPELIN’ is also incorporated into the triangular ‘M’ hood ornament.
Aston Martin Rapide
The Aston Martin Rapide is the latest luxury model released by Aston Martin in 2010. This four-door, high-performance sport saloon, which was first presented as a concept in 2006, has a base price $199,950.00.
- The car features a full-length glass roof.
- It can attain a top speed of 303 km/h.
- It also features LED light bars on the rear end.
- It includes a tilt-telescoping steering wheel.
- The car is equipped with bi-xenon headlamps and LED tail lamps.
- Power front seats with memory and heating
- Satellite radio;
- USB and iPod connectivity