Cover of Drivers
Many people believed that the accident prone personality is a person who is quick, decisive, active, impulsive, independent and adventurous.
So for an active and impulsive drivers – the below are tips for safe driving:
- First check your car or vehicle to make sure it is ready for hot and rainy weather.
- Get a tune-up and make sure the wipers work and the tires are in good condition.
- Ensure all lights work and keep lenses clean.
- Make sure the wind shield is clear – inside and out.
- Be well rested before setting off on journey.
- Be sure to sit-up straight.
- Adjust your seat so that you are able to press the pedals firmly.
- Always wear seat belts.
- Make sure each passenger in the car wears his or her safety belt.
- Be sure rear view mirrors are set correctly.
Drivers should remember that a fatal accident occurs only once in a life time. A Moment of carelessness may mean a life time of regret.
- Keep your eyes moving ahead, to the mirrors, to the sides. They will give you advance warning of potential emergencies.
- As you get off the main road, watch out for mud, sand, water and wet leaves as these make surfaces slippery.
- Watch the car ahead of you and the car ahead of that one to give yourself extra time to stop.
- Learn to anticipate potential accidents.
- Use your horn whenever you are not sure the other fellow driver sees you.
- At night, reduce speed below your usual daytime pace.
- Slow down and allow more time to reach your destination.
- Get your car well off the road when changing a tire.
- And most important of all, adhere to traffic rules and regulations.