They may be called as the king of the off-road. Trophy truck is not your ordinary 2-wheel drive or a pick-up truck. It is especially designed in a way to contain long suspension for travel as well as extremely powerful engines. These high powered engine trucks are vaguely seen on public roads. Rather, they are a sight for sore eyes especially in desert racing. Over the years, desert racing has been one of the most sought-after sports for a growing number of people. Year after year, we see different trophy truck racing held internationally where winners claim huge awards and recognitions.
That is where lots of trophy truck for sale steps in. Trophy trucks are designed to dominate certain type of racing. Famous trophy truck drivers are able to put some of their trophy trucks that they used during their racing years for sale. In this way, they not only help promote off-road racing. More than that, they are also giving one-of-a-kind opportunity to prospects to own a historical piece of high powered trophy truck.
Things to look for in a trophy truck
If your interest lies on trophy trucks, there are certain things that you need to consider when you are looking for trophy truck for sale:
1. Arms. Although trophy trucks are heavy duty, their arms should be as light as possible. You may also opt in looking for a 4130 plate.
2. Body. Since trophy trucks are designed for desert racing competitions, it would be great to have it designed in full fiberglass. A good alum paneling is also something worth considering.
3. CAD design. You may want your trophy trucks to have interchangeable parts like its arms, chassis tubes, and others.
4. Cooling System. Make sure that the transmission cooler, oil cooler, and PS cooler are in good condition.
5. Drive train. Since this part is pertinent to driving race, consider the drivelines. They should be heat treated as it adds more strength and durability to the truck.
6. Fuel System. Make sure that it is SCORE as well as FIA legal.
7. Interior. Look for air jack, 3G seats, digital race packs, optima batteries, and most importantly, the fire system.
8. Lighting. A good trophy truck should have at least 8-6” HID headlights.
9. Rear suspension. It is highly recommended if the coil overs have propriety valving.
10. Suspension. Veteran trophy truck drivers prefer to have 7075 aircraft billet hubs.
11. Steering setup. The first thing a driver must check here is that if the truck is power steering. Surely, you do not want to drive in a windy and bumpy desert road without it!
12. Wheels and tires. Traditional wheels and tires needed for a trophy truck are 6-17” bead locked wheels.
13. Wiring and Plumbing. Look for sealed wiring harness.
There may be a lot of trophy truck for sale here and there. Knowing what you want in your own trophy truck makes all the difference.