Petter Solberg continued to hope that he can return in the second position in the overall standings of the Rally Monte Carlo and has established itself in the two special stages on Saturday after dark.
Even though he won more than 20 seconds compared with Dani Sordo, this was not enough to return to battle for second place, the difference of 18 seconds is virtually impossible to recover the last stages.
Meanwhile, Sebastien Loeb continued to preserve its leading position not stand out and is ahead two minutes and 41 seconds. Citroen teammate or, Mikko Hirvonen was fourth already resigned after trying to reach Solberg ended in failure, especially after losing control of the wheel in PS 16.
Saturday evening marked a drop in the top 10 finishers. PG Andersson was forced to withdraw due to technical failure and a small fire resulted from Proton car, missing an opportunity to obtain an important result.
Romanian crew made up of Italian co-driver Marco Tempestini and Dorin pulp fell on number 31 in the standings driving a Subaru Impreza STI to over an hour behind the leader Loeb.
Rally Monte Carlo – Rankings by PS 17/18:
1. Sebastien Loeb Citroen 4h29m12.1s
2. Dani Sordo Mini + 2m41.6s
3. Petter Solberg Ford + 3m00.7s
4. Mikko Hirvonen Citroen + 4m05.6s
5. Evgeny Novikov M-Sport Ford + 6m00.8s
6. Francois Delecour M-Sport Ford + 6m55.7s
7. Pierre Campana Mini + 8m21.3s
8. Tanaka M-Sport Ford Ott + 10m27.2s
9. Martin Prokop Czech Ford + 16m06.3s
10. Armindo Araujo Araujo Mini + 16m09.2s
Last of the Rally Monte Carlo SS will be on Sunday morning.