Like all drivers, you should know how to stay awake while driving because being drowsy on the road can cost you immensely. Being lethargic while driving is no less than drunk driving. The risk goes beyond all limits when you are driving through some hilly area or a highway where a minor negligence can surely cause loss of life. Learning about how to stay awake while driving is important because doing so, you not only secure yourself but others on road as well. Below we are going to discuss ten highly useful tips that will teach you how to stay awake while driving.
1. Stop your vehicle at some nearest safe point as soon as you sense that your eyes are getting heavy and you are losing focus on the road and the traffic coming ahead. Getting hasty to reach your destination will make you sleepier. Pull off somewhere as early as possible. Come out of your vehicle, take long breaths, move your arms and legs around, stretch your body or do anything that helps shaking off lethargy. Endangering your life in an attempt to reach your destination timely is the blunder that needs not to be enlightened.
2. A warm and cozy climate like your bed is one of the greatest contributors to getting drowsy. If you feel that the inner climate of your vehicle is warm, make it cool turning the air conditioner on if possible. If it’s not possible, open the window and allow the fresh air enter your vehicle. This will spank your face with fresh air that will help refreshing you.
3. Wise drivers always keep drinks containing caffeine with them. Caffeine is a strong stimulant that increases metabolism in the body fills it with energy however caffeine jolts can take fifteen minutes or so to kick in. this is one of most strongly recommended tips on how to stay awake while driving.
4. Eating ice is a great idea. Find the nearby fast food point and get a cup of ice. You’ll realize that as you go chewing ice, you’ll start feeling fresh and energized.
5. If you have company of other people with you, engage yourself in talking with them. This is also one of the most effective tips on how to stay awake while driving. Bring some contradictory topic under discussion and try to engage as many people as possible in the discussion. This will create your interest in point of views of others and hence, whacking away the drowsiness.
6. This tip on how to stay awake while driving works in all situations whether you are travelling with a group of people or alone. Turn your radio one and try to tune it to some station playing buoyant music. Light music and talk radio often contribute to sleepiness. Try to rock your body with the music as this will help regulating the blood circulation in all parts of your body and thus making it active.
7. Driving late night is mostly risky particularly between midnight and early morning because your body is mostly used to sleeping in these hours.
You should also devise your own techniques on how to stay awake while driving as this will make you safer on the road.
There are numerous other great tips waiting for you. Please visit http://www.silvalifesystem.com to learn more ways to stay awake.