There are thousands of car make and models out there that even if I narrow it down to a specific model, there is still a dozen or so of body styles and different engines to choose from. Seriously, buying a car takes a lot of thinking and rethinking. The funny thing is, actually buying the car is often easier than deciding what, when, where to buy in the first place.
This being said, I listed down some of the things I will consider in deciding the perfect car for me.
- Size. How many people will I need to fit in the car?
- Practicality. Do I need my car to be fast, fuel efficient, safe? All of the above?
- Emotional Attachment. I need a car I can enjoy riding, cleaning or simply looking.
- Price. Ask for quotes before deciding to buy it. Shop around first and do not settle for “recommended retail price”. In short, haggle.
- Other Benefits. Includes the ready ability to trade-in your old car, insurance policies, etc.
Dealing with car dealers can be exhausting, but I guess, not if you go in with a clear understanding of your needs – and your rights.