ST215/80R16 — what does it mean?
- ST means "special trailer"
- 215 stands for tread width in millimeters
- 80 is an aspect ration between the tread width and the sidewall in percents
- R means that the tire has a radial construction
- 16 is a wheel diameter (or rim) in inches
How to convert ST215 80R16 to inches?
First of all, we need to divide 215 mm (width) by 25.4 (mm to inch conversion), which will give us a width of 8.5″. Then, 80% of the 8.5″ will result in 6.8″ sidewall.
To get the total height or tire diameter, we need to sum the 16″ rim diameter with two of the sidewall heights. It will result in a 29.6″ total tire diameter (or height).
For your convenience, below is a table for ST215/80R16 conversion to inches:
|Overall diameter (height)||29.6″||752 mm|
|Tread width||8.5″||215 mm|
|Wheel diameter||16″||752 mm|
|Sidewall height||6.8″||172 mm|
|Revolutions||682 / ml||424 / km|
Alternatives to a ST215/80R16 tire
If you're looking to upsize your ST215 80R16 tires, try to stay within 3% deviation of an overall diameter for safety reasons.
|Tire||Tire diameter||Width||Wheel Size|