ST235/75R15 — what does it mean?
- ST means "special trailer"
- 235 stands for tread width in millimeters
- 75 is an aspect ration between the tread width and the sidewall in percents
- R means that the tire has a radial construction
- 15 is a wheel diameter (or rim) in inches
How to convert ST235 75R15 to inches?
First of all, we need to divide 235 mm (width) by 25.4 (mm to inch conversion), which will give us a width of 9.3″. Then, 75% of the 9.3″ will result in 6.9″ sidewall.
To get the total height or tire diameter, we need to sum the 15″ rim diameter with two of the sidewall heights. It will result in a 28.8″ total tire diameter (or height).
For your convenience, below is a table for ST235/75R15 conversion to inches:
|Overall diameter (height)||28.8″||732 mm|
|Tread width||9.3″||235 mm|
|Wheel diameter||15″||732 mm|
|Sidewall height||6.9″||176 mm|
|Revolutions||700 / ml||435 / km|
Alternatives to a ST235/75R15 tire
If you're looking to upsize your ST235 75R15 tires, try to stay within 3% deviation of an overall diameter for safety reasons.
|Tire||Tire diameter||Width||Wheel Size|